Free Trade Agreements
Due to development and empowerment of united relations, especially in the economic and trade cooperation, restraining to the principles of trade economy, common wish to participate actively in the international process of economic integration, and also in finding the ways and manners for consolidation of this process, UNMIK on behalf of the Provisional Institutions for Self-governing in Kosovo until now has achieved to realize four bilateral Free Trade Agreements and one Multilateral FTA which during implementation somewhere by the middle of 2007 will be replacing those bilateral ones.
Implemented Free Trade Agreements are:
- With Republic of Albania since 01.10.2003
- With Republic of Macedonia since 03.08. 2005
- With Republic of Croatia since 01.11.2006 and
- With Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina since 12.12.2006.
It is worth to emphasize that Free Trade Agreements with Albania and Bosnia & Herzegovina are completely free for all products from agricultural products (chapter 1-24) until Industrial products (chapter 25 – 97).
While the FTA with Macedonia and Croatia, are having some limitations for some certain products imported from these two countries, as per products of Kosovo origin there are no limitations during export in these two countries which means are exempted from customs charges.
Goods imported from Republic of Macedonia which are band to customs charge of 6% until January 1, 2008 are:
- Industrial products of chapter 2710 and
- Agricultural products of chapters: 04070030; 07031019; 07031090; 07049010; 07096010; 070096091; 2204.
Goods imported from Republic of Croatia which are band to customs charge of 6% until January 1, 2008 are:
- Industrial products of chapters: 2710; 3402; 8418.
- While Agricultural products imported from Republic of Croatia which are band to customs
charge of 10% are products form chapters: 0401; 0405; 0406; 1602; 2005.
Regional Free Trade Agreement also known as CEFTA which is signed on December 19, 2006 where Kosovo is member with equal rights with Regional countries.
CEFTA Agreements have signed these countries:
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
But since these two last countries have entered to European Union are removed from this Agreement.
It is important to mention that in this agreement have been carried forward all existing annexes of the Bilateral Agreement.